Quality and Safety in health care are key factors of the re-organization of all the European Health Systems. At the moment these dimensions have been addressed mostly in hospitals. Their development in primary care raises many issues for professionals as well as researchers.
The EQuiP Summer Schools aim to enable health professionals to initiate or improve a QI project of there own. EQuiP is a WONCA Europe network, dedicated to improving Quality and Safety in Primary care.
It is a 4 days residential training course, taking place in a friendly venue. EQuiP is recognized for its methodological expertise, and the Summer Schools has been run by EQuiP since 2008.
The program alternates lectures and workshops. High-level European experts in Quality, the diversity of experiences and perspectives contribute to rich and effective exchange of knowledge.
The Summer Schools allow professionals to share their experience with European experts and colleagues.
There are 2 partners:
- DSAM (Danish College of General Practitioners)
- The Quality and Educational Unit of GPs in Region Zealand of Denmark (KAP-S)
They fully finance the Danish Summer School, which means it will be free to attend, including accommodation, tuition and fee.
This year the VdGM and EQuiP are collaborating on establishing a Nordic Summer School. The first Nordic Summer School will be held in Denmark and will take place from July 31 to August 3.
- You are a health professional (doctor, nurse, pharmacist etc.) or a health researcher.
- You have either an idea or a more or less advanced research project or action, in the field of Quality or Patient Safety in Primary Care.
- You will be able to present your project or idea and work on it in a context that will help you move forward towards a successful action.